Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2008

I can't wait until Sunday!

Today was a busy day for me! :o)

Let's see ... it was my husband's birthday, he turned a whopping 24 years old. (lol I know, we're young) Anywho, I am a stay-at-home mom but I work about 3 nights a week waitressing. Well, I didn't take tonight or tomorrow night off so Sunday we're celebrating his birthday. We've decided we're going to Tybee Island for the day. It's only about 3 hours from the house. We're going to pack a cooler full of goodies and drive down to spend the day at the beach.

This will be JD's first time at a beach. I'm sooooo excited. Hopefully we'll have a great time and everything will be just peachy! :o) HA! Pray for me! :o)

Also, today was my little sisters 8th grade graduation. Yes, there is a 12, almost 13, year difference between the two of us. I was the official photographer for my family! lol I managed to rake in about 80 pictures of her and her friends and the awards and all that good stuff. Get this ... ALL WITH A 2 YEAR OLD! :o) wooo hoooo "How did I do it?", you say? Oh, by a faithful prayer! Yes Ladies ... I laid hands on my kid before I opened my front door to leave and asked the Lord to bless us as we began our day and to keep us safe then I looked into JD's big blue eyes and giggled. I said, "Lord, please bring a sense of peace over this toddler. Today is important to our family and those children. Please keep my child quiet and let him be entertained by the smallest things!" I would like for you to know that JD was an AWESOME child today. He didn't act up until AFTER the assembly. lol Honest to goodness! I was so thankful, too!

Well, I'm heading to bed! I'm tired. :o)

1 comment:

Ashley @ Joyful Creations said...

Wow, I have never thought about praying prayers like this one. Of course I don't have children but there are times that I need a simple little prayer like this whether it be for me, my husband or other friends and family to get through simple situations. Thank you for this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...