Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I want to learn to crochet

I've decided that I'm going to learn to crochet. It's been on my mind for quite some time but today I finally took the first step in my journey. I went to Ebay and bought me some needles and some yarn. (I don't go shopping in stores because I can usually find it cheaper online and I don't have to get my kid out of the car. lol Isn't that terrible? No ... I didn't think so either.)

For a total of $9.40 I purchased an 8-pc Aluminum Boye Crochet Hooks. I didn't think that was too bad considering all of the other prices were over $20. I'm bidding on some yarn right now and that auction will end in about 6 hours. The cool part of all of this is that I went through my UPromise account and earned myself some money into JD's college fund!

So anyways, I'd like to make a couple of blankets and stuff for Christmas so I went to Michaels.com and found some free patterns! I'm so excited. The website that really helped me out was LearnToKnit.com. This site is awesome and very helpful.

UPDATE: I found a site that will teach you step by step to crochet! :o) YAY!

My only problem is that I'm not REAL SURE how to get it all going. lol ... I guess I'm going to need to buy a book .. But as for now ... I'm just going to get my supplies and go from there.

If anyone has any tips or ideas or helpful websites with pictures, I'd love to see them.

2 comments:

AudreyO said...

I've been crocheting for years and years. I love it. I can watch an entire movie and never put down my crochet hook :)

Anonymous said...

I just started to crochet a few months ago. I tried to learn myself through books but what really helped me was going to my local knit/crochet store and having someone there sit down with me and teach me. They offered free crochet and knit lessons--and also had tons of books I could look at there. It's a good way to get a break from the kids too. So, you should try to find a place in your area--even at Michaels they have classes but they are not free.
Goodluck and have fun!
Kalisha
http://mommylounge.wordpress.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...