Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2008

T.G.I.M

T.G.I.M - Thank God It's Monday!

I know you're probably thinking I'm crazy for thanking God for Monday's but after the crazy busy Sunday I just had ... I'm kinda glad it's over. As you already know, I work Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and most Saturday nights waitressing. Monday's are one of my off days and I love 'em.

Sunday was supposed to "family day" - ONLY Daniel, JD and myself. That's it! I had already told both of our parents that we're not doing anything with anyone and that was that was that. :o)

We all got up at 6:30 a.m. and was out of the house at 8 a.m. We went to McDonalds and had a unhealthy breakfast. lol We were at church at 8:50 and Sunday school started at 9 a.m. Mrs. Patsy started a new teaching on the End of Times and what all of that includes and I was broken in tears by the end of the class. I was mostly scared .... This teaching will be going on for a few weeks so hopefully my fears will diminish by the end of all this. Sunday morning service started shortly after at 10:30 a.m. and we ended up leaving church around 12:45. We had a great time! I love our church!

Well, during church my mom leans over and says this, "What are y'all doing tonight?", I said, "Nothing." WRONG ANSWER! My mom followed with this, "Well, I'm coming over tonight to see JD." and I said .... "Okay!" lol My backbone isn't as strong as I thought. :o) I have a hard time telling my Mom no because you never know what will happen!

After church Daniel and I went to Wal-Mart and got some groceries and ended up cooking dinner for my parents and sister. While we were there we ran into some close family friends. Michael, who is like my brother, just lost his Mom, my second Mom-Cassie. I was telling him about mama coming over and he ends up saying, "Don't ever tell her 'No." Broke my heart!

We finally got home and I am "throwing down" in the kitchen! This was definitely going to be a delicious dinner! We had BBQ chicken, fresh green beans (aunts recipe, they're steamed with bacon and onions MMM), fresh corn and homemade dinner rolls with honey butter. YUM! Lots of compliments on this meal.

Well, during the cooking Daniel is hanging out in the kitchen helping out .. ahem .. standing around. I was like ... "Wouldja like to help do something?" He got all happy and was ready for anything. lol I said, "Can ya clean up a little bit?" Oh he wasn't so thrilled after that. He knows what needs to be done? Why do men do this? Standing around looking busy trying NOT to do the only thing that really needs to be done. And y'all, he didn't have to do much! Just pick up HIS clothes from the back of the couch and a few other things! I love 'em!

Needless to say, we all had a great time ... we talked and laughed and JD just entertained us with his funny sayings and all. He'll go "A-B-C-D-B-I-N-G-O" lol ... We all went outside and watched JD drive his Jeep and get all dirty. Total family time ...

My parents ended up leaving around 8:45 and then it was bath time ... then bed time! :o) By 11:00 we were all sound asleep ... PHEW almost a 17 hour day of going, going, going!

Thank God for Mondays ... I'm off today! The only thing we're doing is going up to Ray's house (Michael's dad, Cassie's husband) to go through Cassie's things and pick out what I want. She lived about an hour away. I'm waiting until Daniel gets off so he can go with me.

That's it ... :o) What did you do yesterday? :o)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...