Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2007

Weekend of Emotions

These past few days have had me going every which a way! Let me just break it down for you:

Wednesday: David died.
Thursday: Karalee had her baby.
Friday: My Moms birthday, Davids viewing. Plus I went and saw Karalee and the baby.
Saturday: Davids funeral.
Sunday: We celebrated my Moms birthday.

UGH! Should I be sad or happy? Should I go to Macon and see Karalee or should I go to Jonesboro and see the family. ?? Well, here's what I did.

Wednesday morning I got a call from Sara Beth telling me David died in a car accident. He had a heart attack while driving and ran into some bushes. I posted about this a few post back. She told me to get up and get to the hospital. Well, I have a child and that's easier said than done. So, I had to let him finish eating and then I left. By the time I was ready and JD was ready Daniel was already home so we all went up to Cassie's house and kept her some company while the mourning process began.

I have to tell you this: When I found out the news that David passed it took my breath, literally, and my chest starting hurting and my stomach was tightening. I was doing that hyperventilating cry that you just can't help!

Well, JD heard me and he began crying because it scared him and I knew I needed to try and calm down. Well, after a few minutes of telling myself "death happens" and "Everything happens for a reason" I was calming down.
JD was fine. After I got him cleaned off I was going through his drawers and finding him some clothes. He went into the living room, got some tissue, brought it to me and covered his eyes like he was crying while making whiny noises. :o) Isn't he a love bug? Only 19 months old.

Thursday: Karalee had Shelby Taylor. She was 7 lbs 3 oz. 20 inches long. Being I know how crazy family is when new babies are born I held off on going down to Macon. I decided to go the next morning on Friday. Thursday I was able to get some things done around the house and cook dinner for my family.

I was an emotional wreck ALL DAY! I didn't know how to feel. The reality had still not set in that David was, indeed, never coming back. I would never hear his distinct laugh or see him look at his children again.


Friday: I went to Macon to see Karalee. Oh what a fun time! :o) lol ... I got off the exit and turned left, well, it was a ONE WAY STREET, lol, so I had to turn around like an idiot. I got on the right track and almost got hit by a car. Lemme ask you something, who has a one way street directly off an exit? HELLO? I didn't realize I had to cross the road and then take a left. I've never seen anything like it. So, I safely make it to the hospital and I'm into the parking deck, there is NO WHERE TO PARK! I'm not exaggerating. There was not one place. I found one after about 20 minutes of going in circles through 5 layers of parking decks. yay .... JD and I made it into the room and I said, I hope you love me because I'm staying for at least an hour. haha

I saw Shelby and immediately began crying. She's beautiful! And I'm not saying that because she's Karalee's baby girl. I'm saying it because it's true. She's gorgeous. I should have some pictures up soon.

When we left the hospital I .... got lost. Big towns freak me out! I finally got on the right street and made it home. I was crying the whole way home. I'm so thankful for my life and everyone who is in it. Karalee is not family by blood but she is family. Shelby is not my niece by blood, but she is my niece. David is not my brother by blood. but HE IS MY BROTHER! I've known David since I was 2 months old. 2 months old!! How can he be gone? Especially at only 39 years old.

The viewing was Friday night in Fairburn. It took us an hour and a half to get there. JD spent the night with my mother-in-law. The viewing was the most happiest saddest event I've ever been to. There were SO MANY PEOPLE there. I'm more than certain there were more than 100 people at the viewing. And I can say this, David looked very good in the casket. He always had on a black leather jacket so they put it on him. And Michael, his brother put a picture of David in the casket. David was lying in a hammock and Michael wrote "No Worries" on the picture. Seth, Davids son (11) put a tape measure in his hand. I didn't understand the story until Saturday but last Christmas they had a little holiday shop at the kids school and Seth spent all his money on that tape measure for his Daddy for Christmas. :o( Very touching!

After the viewing we went to O'Charleys and ate dinner for my Mom's birthday. lol We had a great time. My mom is a nut!! She turned 46! woo hoo

Saturday was the funeral. I didn't like the preachers. They never once mentioned Cassie and Ray as the parents or spoke to them about losing a child. They seemed to talk more to Yvette's parents about having a great son-in-law. Yvette was David's wife. Their divorce was final November 1 but were working on working things out. It was a terrible service and my family plans on writing a letter to the preacher and telling him how much he hurt Cassie and Ray.

I didn't go the burial. Daniel and I went back to Cassie's with my Mom and Dad to set up food and drinks for the family. My aunt's Carol and Sharon made a bunch food and brought it by. We also got her house cleaned up a bit.

Sunday we didn't go to church! :o( First time in a long time. I was pooped. Plus, my mom and dad came over to eat lunch for my Mom's birthday and we gave her her birthday present. They stayed and played with JD for a while and then they left around 6 p.m.

Now, here it is Monday! A new week! Phew: I hope it's nothing like last week.


3 comments:

Amazon Quick Cash said...

Hi Kaprice,
Great post today! I know exactly how these other moms feel, as I am a mom of 8 children myself, and sometimes wonder how I manage to get it all done. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you today on my blog @ http://www.allaboutthegreen.blogspot.com. Please visit for details and have an awesome day!

Katie said...

Hi!

Oh my gosh! What a week you had! Hope this week you can have a moment to breath! Nice to meet a mom of another JD!! Mine is 3 and I also have an 18 mo. old boy (Rory) as well. Great blog! Thanks for sharing and it is nice to hear experiences from other moms out there!!!
-Katie
doodlesprouts.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Wow. What a week. I am terribly sorry for your loss, what a worthless preacher. Ugh.
Congratulations on Shelby :-)
New babies are so much fun.
Sounds like you were on the road a lot!
I hope you get some rest!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...