Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Update On Jessica

Unfortunately, yesterday was not a good day for Jessica. Fluid is building up on her lungs and her numbers went up, all of which is not good. They (the 3 in charge of her will) came to the hard decision of letting her go. What was going to happen was all of her meds were going to be stopped except for her sedation medicine, anxiety medicine and pain medication. They said it would be 5 minutes to 24 hours and she would pass. The doctor's and nurses all came to an agreement that would be best for her and not painful.

So, they called the family up there and we all sat up there and prayed and waited .... and prayed and waited some more. Around 1 a.m. we were told that she wouldn't be going tonight because the Board didn't think it was ethical to do this to Jessica. Apparently, Jessica has to make this decision without being
sedated or on medication.

So, today they're going to take her off of her sedation medicine and ask her what she wants. But, there's a catch. The doctor's and nurses are afraid that she could possibly have too many toxins in her body from all of the medication and may not wake up to a state where she can make a sound decision.

As with every story, there is more to this one. This is just the gist of things.

I think the prayers for Sharon and the family are being answered. It seems as though there is a peace over some of us about Jessica and her condition. We don't want to see her suffering anymore. Sharon told Jacob (Jessica's younger brother) the decision last night and that was hard. But one thing she said was that Jessica is hungry and she can't eat because her stomach can't take it. She's thirsty and can't have anything to drink because of her kidneys. She said she doesn't want to see her suffer anymore.

Everything happens for a reason. That's what I keep telling myself. It's hard though. If it wasn't for my friends ... I'd be in state of angry I've never been in before. My friend Bill called last night and said a prayer for me and my family ... I believe it worked because I wasn't AS UPSET as I was before he prayed. I can't speak for anyone else though, I'm not sure how they're feeling on the inside.

Please continue to pray for my family as we go through this stage of her condition.
Thank you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...