Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Potty Training - Has It Began?

JD isn't even 2 yet but is interested in the potty! YAY! He only likes to potty in his bath water. I know that's gross but when he does that we take him out. He has began peeing in his bath water when he wants out of the bath. lol ... Anywho ... We put his potty together last night and put it in the bathroom. Much to our surprise, after only 10 minutes of him sitting there, he managed to trickle out a few drops into the potty. Woo Hoo!

Today he's been saying "Mommy, Pee Pee" and when we go and sit on the potty he just giggles. I think he's fooling me. haha ...

I'll be honest, I know NOTHING about potty training. I've read a few articles online and tried to ask people for advice but I've not really "learned" anything. I guess we'll learn as we go. Any tips are appreciated. Just leave a comment on here!

2 comments:

Shalene said...

Here's a bit of advice I learned from my daycare provider (back when my kids went to daycare.) Put them on the potty once an hour, and 5 minutes after they eat or drink a cup of fluid. Sooner or later, they will get on a schedule. It helps that he likes the idea right now. Oh yeah, and cheer when they go! I know it sounds silly, but children love the praise, as I'm sure you know. Blessings to you, and happy potty training!! (You're lucky by the way. Boys usually potty train later, rather than earlier. We had to train mine by letting him pee outside.) :)

niharika said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...