Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What's Been Going On This Week!

Oh what a crazy week it's been! I've been busy, yet lazy all at the same time. Does that make any sense at all?

So ... My parents are getting custody of my cousin because of reasons that I'd rather not go in to. Because it's such a long process with DFCS, he's starting to come down every weekend to spend time with us and get to know us better. I say us like I live at home but we've been spending a lot of time over there trying to get to know him better. He's in foster care in Alabama ... we're in Georgia.

Blake is only 9 years old and seems to have a behavior problem, as well as, a learning disability. It's really sad but I'm glad he's coming to live with my parents so they can actually offer him a chance at a future. It's really sad ... listening to his stories and learning about the other children in his foster home. His foster mother said that she has 7 children, all boys ages 3-10, that she cares for and they're all from homes where they were malnourished.

Long story short, one boy was crying at the table after the foster mom set all the food out and was saying he wished his sister was with him because they've never seen that much food before! :o( It makes me cry every time I think about it. He said that one week the only thing he had to eat ALL WEEK was a pack of crackers!! What the hell is wrong with people? His parents had spent all of their money on drugs and didn't feed their children! Unfortunately, his little sister is still in the hands of these parents. DFCS is in the process of working on getting her out of there. Their parents are small time drug dealers who use their children as decoys. SAD! SAD! SAD!

This is when my opinions run wild and I end up offending someone. But here's the deal folks: Why in the hell are we adopting children from other countries and sending money to other countries?? The children in the USA are who needs us! We should be adopting more children and being foster parents rather than keeping on having our own. Get this ... In Georgia alone, at any given time there are approximately 15,000 children in foster care!

Now ... don't get mad! I'm just telling you how I feel. I do have 1 son of my own. Ask anybody and they'll tell you I have no intentions on having more of my own. I want to be a foster parent and I want to adopt. However, at this moment our house isn't big enough because we're still in our starter home and our money situation is something to laugh at!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...