Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Caught Daydreaming ...

Do you ever get lost in a daydream and drift off to a memory of when you were a child? Well, that happened to me this afternoon. I was gazing outside and everything went blurry and I was locked into the sound of Cassie's grandfather clock. If you've read my recent posts then you know Cassie past away a couple of weeks ago and I'm not taking it to well. She was my second mom.

Anyways, I remember spending the night at her house and that thing going off every hour. It was such a beautiful noise ... on the hour, every hour. It makes me smile to think about that because she loved her clock.

I was thinking how I would like to have my own grandfather clock and decided to check out some online stores. I'd like to have one that was similar to hers but I couldn't really find one. The clock I did find is called the Howard Miller Jonathon Grandfather Clock! It is GORGEOUS! And what's so awesome is that the website, 1-800-4Clocks, lets you listen to the chimes so you can be sure of what you're getting. This is going to look GREAT in my dining room. Oh, I can't wait ....

After searching for grandfather clocks and finding the one I wanted I hopped on over to their blog. :o) Since I am a blogger, I was drawn to read some of their posts ... What a great collection of information they have. Of the posts I skimmed through, one stood out -- Grandfather Clocks for Young Families. Check out the blog for yourself ... It's great! It really meant alot to me because we're a young family and I know how much I hang on those little daydreams like I had today, ya know?

It's the small things in life that counts ... like the chimes of a grandfather clock ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...