Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, August 25, 2008

Where Have I Been?

Wow! It's been quite a few days since I've posted a blog. There has been so much going on lately.

A friend of mine at work found out 4 weeks ago that he had acute leukemia. Long story short: Me, Daniel and our young adults leader Tony went and prayed for him about 4 days after he found out. THAT NIGHT he said he felt the Holy Spirit for the first time in 36 years, he gave his life to the Lord and the next morning he was doing AWESOME. He got up and ate, used the bathroom on his own and was doing pretty good. About a week or so later he was able to come home, within 1 week he was back in the hospital for low blood pressure and died the next morning. HE'S IN HEAVEN!

His funeral was Saturday and I must say it was sad. The preacher at my church officiated the funeral and I believe he lifted everyone's spirits who wanted their spirits lifted. It was sad though because he had to leave 3 beautiful kids, 17, 4 and 1. But, God has a plan! We're all not sure what that plan is ... but He always has a plan.

There has been SO MANY DEATHS around me lately. What in the world is going on?? It all started back in December 2005:
My real Dad's Mom - December 2005
Stepdad's Brother - March 2006
Stepdad's Mom - April or May 2006
Like a Brother David - November 2007
My Cousin Jessica - January 2008
Friend From Church - May 2008 <-- I think it was May
My 2nd Mom Cassie - August 2008
Chip - August 2008

I mean dang ... Look at that! Lots of funeral this year ...

BUT ... As many of you know who read this, my walk with God has gotten so much stronger since the death of my cousin Jessica. I've have really turned my life around (not that is was bad) and got my family in a bible-based church that is awesome!!

Speaking of church ... I'm so excited. We have a fundraiser Saturday! We're selling Krispy Kreme donuts and hoping to raise a good chunk of change for that to pay off our Youth Forward Trip. Then on September 28 we're having another fundraiser at the skating rink to raise money so we can start doing charity events within our community. Hannah and I are in charge of this and I really think it's going to be HUGE! I've been working on a flyer today and it looks great. Prayerfully (instead of hopefully) we'll raise close to $1,000 for that.

If you have any tips on fundraising, I'd love to hear 'em!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

Lisa said...

Oh, that is so sad to hear about your friend passing. Yes, God does have a plan for us all. I'm so thankful that he rededicated his life to the Lord before his passing. His family got the see the Lord moving through before they lost him. Very touching post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...