Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I was listening to J 93.3 a little bit ago and they had a segment called "Thankful Thursday".  I was very inspired because honestly this has been a pretty crappy week for me.

At 2pm this afternoon I will be a statistic.  I am one of many who is being laid off due to lack of work. The tanning salon I work for is closing the doors.  I have to file for unemployment.  I've looked for a job for quite sometime but I need something super flexible because of my husband's hours at his job and many other reasons.  On top of all that, I'm 24 weeks pregnant. I've cried for two days because it's sinking in.

So, when I heard "Thankful Thursday" I said this is perfect for a blog post! I'm going to post 5 things that I am thankful for today.  I encourage you to do the same ... I'd love to read your responses.

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise. 
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.

Five Things I'm Thankful For Today:

1.  The Blood of Jesus -- Amen! I can come to the Father through my Jesus and call on His name.  There is power in the blood.

2. My Family -- My husband and my son, especially.  They love me regardless of how hormonal I am. They accept me.

3.  My Home -- I'm so thankful I'm not homeless.  I'm so thankful to have a bed, sheets, pillows, towels, a shower, running water that's clean.  I'm thankful that I have electricity to have heat and air condition.  No, it may not be the quality or the print that I would like, it may not be the size or the color I want but the Word of God says "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Phil 4:19)

4.  My Husband's Job -- Without my wonderful husband who is not lazy or too afraid to work we would NOT make it.  I thank God everyday Daniel has his stable job.  Thank you Jesus that you moved him around in his company so he can perform many duties.  Thank you Lord for the raises and the over time.

5.  And on a lighter note The Internet -- I just don't see how people made it without the internet. lol ... All of my friends have the internet. We send emails, we facebook, blog, play games, read the news, check the weather, etc. Everything I do is on the internet.  What did people do before this time?

So, there's my five things. I'm going to do this each Thursday from here on out. :o) That's my plan at least.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...