Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

First and foremost I would like to say that I am so very thankful for the men and women who have served our country unselfishly over the years to provide freedom and protection. And that's not just for Americans, they're ordered to do this for other countries too.


Secondly, I am thankful to be an American! I know that America and American's have a bad reputation for being greedy and trying to run everything but I can't think of another country on earth I'd rather be from.  While I agree that most American's just don't realize how good we have it that doesn't mean that I'm not thankful to be an American. 

We live in a country where we are blessed (or cursed) with unimaginable freedom.  We can do just about anything we want to do.  As Christians we are able to go to church in public and worship in public and not be killed.  Our women have rights as do our children.  We have a crooked government but we do have a government that provides us with resources to help us.  Although I may not agree with everything they do it is available. I could keep going but you get the point.

Thirdly, I can't do Thankful Thursday without giving props to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I'm so very thankful that I can come to Him in prayer and have a peace over me that I know He is alive and listens to me.  I'm so thankful for the Holy Spirit who is The Comforter and ministers to my heart.  Thank you to my Jesus who died for my sins and made me pure by His blood so that I, the sinner, am accepted and made whole in the eyes of God. Thank you Jesus for your love, mercy and grace! 

Prayer:
I pray, in the name of Jesus, for peace to come over American's and for the Holy Spirit to minister to their hearts and open their spiritual eyes and ears to hear God's voice.  I

pray for us sinners to rise up and take a stand against the Enemy and say "enough is enough".  I ask for us to have a renewing of our minds and hearts so that the things that break Jesus' heart will break our hearts. 

I pray that we ask for nothing other than what God wants for our lives. I pray for American's to allow God to lead them down the path He wants for their lives and allow His will to be done in their lives. 

Thank you God for hearing me ... Amen!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...